1. Specialist trade fairs, new trends, newsletters, blogs: what is your attitude towards all the new developments in your sector?
- AI find trade fairs and trends to be overrated.
- BInsofar as I have time to do so, I like to stay informed.
- CNew things are always exciting – I can’t get enough of them.
2. The quarterly figures are not bad, but could be better. How do you react to this realisation?
- ANo reason to panic, I’ll wait and see.
- BThere must be reasons for it – I’ll see what the employees have to say.
- CI will take a closer look at the figures and business areas – perhaps we even need to develop new ideas in the short term.
3. The biggest container ship in the world, robots that cook, or the facade of a building as an algae farm: are you interested in all kinds of new things?
- ATo a degree, but not all new things – I am interested in specific areas.
- BI like to take a look at things with which I am not familiar.
- COf course. When possible, I also like to try new things out myself.
4. Albert Einstein said: “Learning is experience. Everything else is just information.” Was he right?
- AThese days, without good school grades and a career apprenticeship or degree, you will have difficulties anyway.
- BThat is certainly a statement worth considering.
- CI think so – we all learn throughout our lives.
5. Practical experience over many years and good contact with customers, business partners and competitors: how well and comprehensively do you know your industry or area of work?
- AI know my industry, but I do find networking difficult.
- BI have not been around very long, but I’m learning every day.
- CI would say: ‘I’ve got it covered!’
6. Strategic thinking and a trained intellect are key skills shown by sustainably successful managers. Let’s take a playful approach to these skills: which game would you spontaneously join in?
7. Specialisation is a highly prized commodity and offers many opportunities, but at the same time – if the specific area is experiencing a downturn – can be risky. What is your opinion on the matter?
- AI really couldn’t say.
- BThat’s an interesting question and a few things spring to mind.
- CIn my opinion, even specialists should broaden their horizons now and then.